Monday, May 18, 2015

Greater Than

By Alison Vidal

I've never been a big math person, from day one I was more inclined to english or history. The way my mind works doesn't really mesh well with math, and even when I was little I didn't really find anything about math all that interesting (Now, if you're a math person PROPS to you because the way your brain works is awesome.) 

The one thing I always loved in elementary school math though was learning about greater than and less than signs. I don't know about you, but I was taught with the alligator method. You know, where the baby alligator is eating the numbers. That made math somewhat fun for the short amount of time we focused on that. When I think about God and the problems we face in life, sometimes I think about those baby alligators. 


For the sake of this illustration, today you are a baby alligator. One side of the equation represents God in our life. That side of the equation is made up of love, grace, forgiveness, strength. It's a Father, a Provider, a Healer. It is eternal love. On the other side, we have our problems. Sickness, death, family struggles, depression, anxiety. It's eating disorders, addiction, self harm; it is everything bad we find ourselves up against. 

I don't know a lot about math, but I do know what side of this equation is greater and which side is less. God is infinitely greater than every obstacle we have faced, are facing, or will ever face in the future. Whether that obstacle is big or small God will ALWAYS triumph over the things of this world. 

One of my favorite bible verses is Ephesians 3:20, "Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think." Read that verse and think about how amazing that is. God, who is able through HIS mighty power can accomplish more than we could ever ask or dream. That means victory over every sin, every bad thought, every hard situation if we will trust in Him and let Him work in our lives. The most important part ladies, is this: it's not up to us. If you look at that equation, we aren't the ones that are greater. GOD is. 

We aren't the ones who are going to have a victory over sin. GOD is. God has the power to work miracles and wonders, if only we ask, believe and thank Him. Philippians 4:6 says this, "Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." 

So what I hope you will take away from this sweet girls is this: when you find yourself up against something in life, don't be scared. Go to God, and pray. Pray and tell God everything, what is happening and what you need from Him. Then THANK Him for everything that He is, and everything that He has done. After that, trust in His power, and rest in the peace that He gives you. Let God fight the battle for you, because God is greater


Exodus 14:4 
"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”

John 3:30  
"He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less."

John 3:30 
“That’s why my cup is running over. This is the assigned moment 
for Him to move into the center, while I slip off to the sidelines."

No comments:

Post a Comment