Monday, September 8, 2014

What Now?


I’m not sure if there are enough adjectives in the English dictionary to describe our annual girl’s conference, this year’s theme of course being “Keepin’ It Classy”. So much freedom took place in the lives of so many. We heard powerful testimonies of lives redeemed by Jesus and received tools to walking out the life God created us for in our breakout sessions. We learned from Caitlin the power of compromise, but the greater power of allowing God’s best for our life. Meagan challenged us to make Jesus our #MCM by ‘making time’, having ‘constant communication’ and ‘mastering our purpose’ with Him.  Then Vanessa gave us the encouragement of a big sister telling us what to do when we have made a mistake or find ourselves in the middle of a trial, telling us to “Press on sweet girl, press on. You’re still called.”

We laughed to the hilarious Kara, whose impressions of celebrities are unmatched. I don’t know if we can ever forget her dancing abilities as she honed the skills of Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber and my personal favorite Nicki Minaj. Wow, just wow. Many of you participated in our Variety Show and gave us a glimpse of your flexibility, talent, bravery and humor.  Do you remember those Christian pick-up lines? “Are you looking for a knight in shining armor? Because I’ve got the full armor of God on right now.” Or, “So last night I was reading in the book of Numbers, and I realized, I don’t have yours.”

I can’t help, but wish I was back in that room laughing, crying and welcoming the presence of God in with you dear sisters, because it’s true, everything changes when He walks into the room.  It’s almost this homesick feeling in my heart, to be with you all again. It was such a safe and beautiful place.  Many of you found freedom there. For some of you it’s the place where it all began. I remember going away from conferences in the past and having this worry of falling right back into my old self that I desperately surrendered to Jesus.  Picking back up the things I had surrendered on those boxes. If you’re feeling that worry, hear this encouragement; God reminded me of this scripture that changed everything for me…
           
2 Corinthians 3:17- “…Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”

Yes, the spirit of the Lord was in that room at Keepin’ It Classy, but even more so, the spirit of the Lord is dwelling in you, right now! (1 Cor. 6:19) You received freedom last weekend. So walk in it, because the spirit of the living God is in you and with you ALWAYS.  And if you fall, get back up. Brush off the dust, turn toward Jesus, and keep walking.  He’s waiting for you with open arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment