Monday, February 23, 2015

The Only Reason I Will Ever Take Too Many Selfies...


By Emily Bansuelo

I had something else planned for this blog, but what better than to share my experiences from a weekend spent with a couple thousand youth at the My City conference in Sacramento, CA. I’m the Middle School Pastor with my husband at Capital Christian Center, and got to hangout with my 678 kids all weekend!

I’ve had a few people ask me what my favorite part of this weekend was, and I have only one word for you.

SISTERHOOD!
 

I hung out with some pretty crazy chicks, from all over Sacramento and the surrounding areas, from 6th graders to other youth pastors who are in the trenches with me. 
Leading & Loving It NorCal
And there was one session where I was able to party and celebrate SISTERHOOD with girls from all walks of life. 


We were encouraged by Caitlin Zick to ask ourselves whom we are really LOYAL to,  our God, our word, our friends and our cause. It’s time we gather arm in arm and be “UNITED IN FRIENDSHIP AND UNITED IN CAUSE”. 

So myself and my friend Brittany encouraged the girls there to act now and we took some crazy selfies!!! By the way, I've never taken so many selfies in MY LIFE!!! And all for the cause of SISTERHOOD!





If you want to take an even deeper look into our craziness, go ahead and search #SacramentoSisterhood to see the beautiful faces of young women ready to bridge the gap, stand together and fight for unity in our cities!

I’m so proud of you ladies!!! It's now or never. Our world is getting too cray-cray for us to stand by and watch. We must fully commit to the cause of Christ and stand together, speaking the Word of God without fear. I believe that this generation of young women will be strong enough to say, "Though none go with me, still I will follow," but in the midst of saying that will see other women rise up with her and we will not have to stand alone any longer!


P.S. If you want to see some of my crazy dance moves go to my Insta @emcatzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment