Thursday, June 21, 2012

Keepin' it Fancy!

There are many sides to me, my mother would call it being a jack of all trades (master of none), but one of the greatest loves in my life is baking... cakes, cupcakes, pies, quiches, pastries... and anything else you need a stand mixer and oven for! I realized quite a while back that women aren't as equipped in the kitchen as they used to be and well I just think that's silly. I don't think that women should be barefoot in the kitchen, or however they say it, but I do think part of a woman's beauty is her ability to feed her family. Of course I love using my stand mixer and come up with all kinds of cake/icing ideas (some of which I will post from time to time) but I know that not everyone has the creativity or time to do everything from scratch.  So if your name isn't Little Debbie and you don't put out delicious desserts that are enjoyed by many then let me help... With a little effort you can make even a box cake and can of icing into a masterpiece!

Here's how I do it...

Take a 12inch paper cutter, small cup (has to be able to fit inside of a cupcake tin), and either parchment paper (or what I LOVE to use is the Martha Wrap- one side is parchment paper and the other is foil)...




Use your paper cutter to cut paper into 4" by 4" squares... 




Cut off each corner (only cutting about 1/4" down)...




Mold paper around your small cup, making sure to press down around the bottom to create a crease...




And Voila!!! Instant fancy cupcake liner!




Even with a box cake and can of frosting your dessert will make anyone feel loved!  If you want to make sure the cupcakes are all of equal size, use an ice cream scoop!  And just for fun add chocolate chips, reese's pieces or instant coffee to your cake batter!  I may not like cake (true story) but I LOVE baking fancy little cupcakes that are sure to brighten anyone's day, and it's so simple that anyone could do it!  I posted a picture below to show how they look all done... Happy baking!



No comments:

Post a Comment